Hubsan x4 H107L Review
Beginner quadcopters or drones have two major key aspects every one of us has to think about. The first thing is without a doubt the aspect of stability and durability. The Hubsan X4 H107L is an indoor quadcopter with an extremely balanced body. The sturdy design of this model grants beginners the freedom to do a lot of experimentation without the fear of breaking anything off.
The important thing to consider with LOS quadcopters for beginners is the flight and charge time. The more you get out of your sessions, the faster you’ll become a more experienced pilot.
Things to consider before buying a beginner quadcopter
If you’re looking to buy a beginner LOS (line of sight) quadcopter, you should think carefully about what you want to get from it. You’ve surely seen a lot of great videos of people flying professional quadcopters and you’ve decided you want in on the action.
However, once you take a look at the price range of more professional quadcopters, your enthusiasm usually fades away, making the entry level models much more reasonable. Now, there’s a certain logic to that.
Like anything else in life that requires great skill, flying quadcopters is something that doesn’t happen overnight. Getting an entry level drone is a great learning curve for beginners, and will get you a long way in this activity.
Some of the things you have to consider before buying a beginner quadcopter are in my opinion:
- Deciding whether you want a quadcopter for recreational use or for a specific purpose.
- Do you want to use it indoors or outdoors?
- Do you have the time and the space for this activity?
- What’s the budget you’re ready to spend on your first quadcopter?
HUBSAN X4 H107L
The Hubsan X4 (H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter model is an indoor quadcopter with an extremely balanced body. The sturdy design of this model grants beginners the freedom to do a lot of experimentation without the fear of breaking anything off.
The package of this model includes a high capacity LiPO battery and has a 6 axis gyro which makes maneuvering this model very easy. Furthermore, this quadcopter is a RTF model, which means that it’s ready to fly as soon as you take it out of the package.
The charging time of this model is 40 minutes, while the flying time per session is 6-8 minutes. This makes this quadcopter model great for beginners as it gives them the opportunity to have an extended learning curve.
> Very affordable in comparison to other models of the same rank
> The charging/flying time ratio is great and gives beginners the chance to really get into extended lessons and practice sessions
> An extremely balanced body makes it great for maneuvering
> RTF (ready to fly) model (So even if you’re a beginner, you’re ready to start flying your copter without the need of putting it together)
> No spare parts
> No camera
> Transmitter range of 50-100 meters, which might cause issues for long distance flying sessions
Features & Benefits
Having many features essential for beginners, this model can really be viewed as something that’s greater than the sum of its parts. In this section we will take a look at those parts and explain a few things for those of you who are new to quadcopters in general.
- First of all, this model is a RTF model. It is ready to fly right out of the package. If you’re a beginner, this means little because you don’t know the amount of work you have to put into assembling models that are not RTF. Let’s just say, it’s a real hassle to say the least.
- The sturdy body of this model is not only strong, it also provides great balance. This means that the body itself will not cause any distortions when maneuvering the quadcopter through the air. Of course, this also means that the rotors might be a bit louder than other models of the same size, but that’s just the price you have to pay.
- The charging time of this model is a mere 40 minutes. If you compare it with other similar models that have charging times of 90-120 minutes, you can start to see what this means in terms of hours spent flying. This feature gives you more time practicing and is therefore great for beginners.
- On the other end of the spectrum is the flying time, which is 6-8 minutes with this model. When you take the charging time into consideration, the flying time of this model amounts to a great deal in terms of making the most out of your time. Of course, longer flying times do not only benefit beginners. Professionals also need a great charging-to-flying-time ratio. But, with beginners it is extremely important to have as many lessons as possible in a short amount of time.
- The response time of the copter and the transmitter are extremely accurate. Even though it falls into the entry level category of indoor drones, it handles superbly. Lagging is one major concern with many affordable drones, but this model is simply great in this aspect.
- The 6 axis gyro enables this drone to withstand any kind of beginner mistakes in terms of maneuvering the copter. It provides the copter body with enough balance to make it sturdy, while still managing to make it as flexible as possible.
Making these reviews is always as balancing act for us, as it is very likely that we oversee some minor imperfections of the model we’re reviewing. These imperfections may show up in a small number of the quadcopter models we review.
Of course, we’re always eager to suggest a few alternatives for the model we’re reviewing so you can get a more precise look at the drone models for beginners that are out there and hopefully make a more informed decision when buying.
• Haktoys HAK903 Nano Quadcopter, 6 Axis Gyroscope, Rechargeable, Ready To Fly, Micro Quadcopter. This model is a great alternative and even a bit more affordable than the model we’ve reviewed here. Of course, with the lower price, there is a bit less in the package, performance wise. Still good for beginners.
• Syma X11 R/C Quadcopter – Red. A quadcopter model that’s great for indoor and outdoor use. It comes with a 6 axis stabilization system which ensures smooth flying even in harsh weather conditions.
• KiiToys X-10 Mini RC Quadcopter Drone. This quadcopter model is one of the tiniest drones in the world. It comes with an easy to learn controlling system and is great for beginners and appeals especially to kids.
For beginners finding a good entry-level quadcopter is not very easy. Once you start searching the internet for models, you might be overwhelmed by the offers in this specific categories. We tried our best to find a quadcopter that will make a compromise between price, learning curve and quality. We urge you to check it out for yourself by clicking right here - Hubsan X4 H107L Quadcopter.